Hornick Constructions is a privately-owned Queensland business that has a long and proud history in industrial, civil and commercial construction
Recognised as the leader in the Design and Construction of Liquid Retaining Structures, Reservoirs and Tanks (for water storage and treatment), as well as structures such as clarifiers, thickeners and other specialised structures for water and waste water treatment. The versatility of our construction methods, materials and design enables us to construct reservoirs from 1 megalitre to 70 megalitres.
Hornick Constructions also has a Plumbing Division which is available for all Commercial, Industrial and Domestic Developments.
Cyril Hornick, ‘CP’, commenced business in Queensland in 1937 as a Contractor and Designer Builder of homes. Throughout the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s, the business developed into the largest privately owned construction company in Queensland, before changing name in 1965 to CP Hornick & Son Pty Ltd. Over the years the company has constructed some notable Brisbane landmarks, including the Main Roads Building in Boundary Street.
In 1971 Hornick Constructions Pty Ltd was formed and is today the main trading arm of the Hornick group of companies. The group includes CP Hornick & Son Pty Ltd, Hornick Developments Pty Ltd, CPH Transport Pty Ltd and Hornick Plumbing.
The business is managed and operated from the company head office and depot in the suburb of Coorparoo, ten minutes from Brisbane’s CBD.
Early large construction projects include:
- The Taxation Building, (now converted to units), 1959-60
- Centenary Pool (now Heritage Listed, pictured below), 1960
- JD Story Building (University of Queensland), 1965
- Main Roads Department Building, Spring Hill, (now Heritage listed and converted to units), 1966